Starting a Restaurant Business
Looking to start a new restaurant? On this page you will find valuable information to help you get started!
Steps to Help You Start Your Business
- Evaluating Your Idea and Building a Business Plan
- Naming, Registering, and Organizing Your Business
- Financing Your Business
- Choosing the Right Location for Your Business
- City, County, State, and Federal Licensing
- What's Next
- Resource Index
Specific For Food Establishments:
- Visit your county health department for any local codes and ordinances. Here are links to surrounding counties:
- Obtain my Food Establishment License
- Learn about Food Safety
- Missouri’s Food Code & Ordinance
- Food Handler Training
- Permit Application
As your business grows, you will need to make sure that your new staff will need to go through the appropriate training and permits for food handlers. The county offers online training and permitting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the StateFoodSafety website.
We Are Here to Help!
Here in Kirksville, the City of Kirksville, the Kirksville Chamber of Commerce, Missouri Rural Enterprise & Innovation Center (MREIC), Kirksville Regional Economic Development, Incorporated (K-REDI) and the Small Business & Technology Development Center work together to serve the business community.
We encourage you to take advantage of free/reduced priced training and counseling services available here in northeastern Missouri, featuring resources to help prepare a business plan, secure financing, and more! Have a counselor contact you, or call 660-665-3348 to make an appointment.